you know whats fun?
having to use the disability card to get anyone’s attention when they make a mistake on your financial aid. Its not humiliating or frustrating at all. Especially when you’re dealing with it from halfway across the world and paying up the ass for international minutes to work around their schedules for their own fuck up.
keeping up with my travel journal!!!
Juuuuust kidding gonna play Baldur’s Gate while really drunk
The public has continued to discuss the death of 22-year-old Victor White III, who died from a gunshot wound while handcuffed in the backseat of an Iberia Parish deputy’s vehicle.
OK. I KNOW YOU ARE ALL WORRIED ABOUT FERGUSON BUT CAN YOU FOR A SECOND LOOK AT THIS VICTOR WHITE CASE?
NOTHING ADDS UP.
APPARENTLY AFTER BEING SEARCHED TWICE (while handcuffed) HE PRODUCED A GUN AT THE POLICE STATION AND SHOT HIMSELF. HIS DEATH HAS BEEN RULED A SUICIDE.
YOU NEED TO SPREAD THIS TUMBLR. BECAUSE THIS IS BULLSHIT AND THE COPS ARE COVERING IT UP.
boosting this again. all this shit needs scrutiny. thats the only way we will get the reform we are literally dying to get.
- faceplanted on the stairs right outside the plane in front of literally everyone else who was on the plane i.e everyone on the escalator
- didn’t realize until going through the entire airport twice that the cart I was pushing my luggage in had a busted wheel so I was furiously pushing it at 0.2 mph like a big, sweaty idiot
- Panicked and said “take out” when asked whether I wanted my sandwich for here and then got scolded for sitting down right after
- Literally walked 6km in the wrong direction trying to find a rail station 1 block away and got horrendously lost- ended up actually outside of Dublin proper going in circles
- Slipped in the b&b bathtub and displaced most of the water onto the floor (in retrospect the handles on the tub were apparently not just for the elderly)
- Got lost again in a 10 room bed and breakfast the size of a townhouse
Anita Sarkeesian, whose excellent Tropes vs Women in Video Games series is an important contribution to the discussion of gender and games, has been driven from her home by enraged male gamers whose stalking, and explicit, credible threats of sexual violence against her and her family convinced her to go into hiding.
In so doing, these men have ably demonstrated the point Sarkeesian sought to make all along: that gaming is riddled with misogynistic violence, and that this violence reflects a real-world misogyny rampant within the gaming world.
Trolls drive Anita Sarkeesian out of her house to prove misogyny doesn’t exist [Adi Robertson/The Verge]
Do you know how much I would know about what’s happening in Ferguson if it wasn’t for social media? Nothing. Zero.
Jokes aside I feel like we all need to take a minute to thank the people on the streets literally risking their lives bringing us this information with their cell phone video cameras. Furgeson is on media lockdown right now and without the people braving tear gas to bring us this information we’d all be in the dark.